Monday, May 5, 2008

Unemployment

Today, I am officially unemployed, and so far, it's not so bad. I'm amazed at how many thing I have to do in preparation for just a few months in Africa, so these next couple of weeks will be spent packing, preparing and scrambling for my departure date which is only a month and a half away!

Yesterday at church, we have a guest from World Vision with us as we packed Caregiver Kits to send to Africa. Lister, a pastor's wife in Zambia, joined us in worship and during out kit build, where I discovered she knows a lot of people with CRWRC in Lusaka, where she lives and where I will be based. She gave me her phone number to call her when I arrive - praise God for a new friend in Lusaka! I am continually amazed at how all the pieces are coming together for this trip.

That's all for now - I'm off to the post office to mail in my visa info. Thanks for reading
Kristen

No comments: