Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Brand New Blog!

One of my steps in preparing for my upcoming trip to Africa, I'm starting a blog - hooray!  So this is it, my first blog entry ever...I promise that future entries will be more exciting than this one!  For now, a few updates:

I'm leaving for Lusaka, Zambia sometime in mid July and will be returning to the US in early November.  I've found someone to sublet my cottage which is a huge blessing, and will be driving up to Seattle July 1 to spend a little time with my family, and also to leave my car at my parents house while I'm gone.  I'm also thinking it will be nice to come back to loving parents, home cooked meals and an organized house - basically a small escape from the reality of returning to life totally different than pre-Africa - instead of the challenges of moving back in my cottage, looking for a job, etc.  

My current total of fundraising equals $8813.  $5187 to go!  I've passed the half way mark in one Sunday love offering so I'm feeling very encouraged so far financially.  

All of my shots are up to date because of my travels in Kenya and Uganda this fall so the only pain in the foreseeable future is the challenge of packing for 3 1/2 months in one suitcase.  I'm sure my family is already taking bets on how many/how few pairs of shoes I'll be taking.  

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading!
-Kristen

2 comments:

Chef Mayhem said...

I'm glad you started a blog. We will be checking it regularly to hear all about your exciting adventures. Good luck and travel blessings to you!

sarah said...

Kristen, so fun to see your blog! I know Liz had a great time with you in Africa and it sounds like you will be heading back. That is neat and I look forward to reading about your travels!