Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Questions Needed!!!

Okay blog readers, I need your help!  The past couple of days in training, we have been learning tons of stuff which has been opening my eyes to a whole new realm of story possibilities.  My hope on this trip is to write a series of articles that will not only be interesting/entertaining, but will help North Americans understand what HIV/AIDS looks like in Africa.  This is where I need your help.  

In the comments section of this blog, I would love it if you could write in any questions you might have.  (If you tried to leave a comment earlier and couldn't, try again.  I had my settings all wrong, but it should work now.)  No question or thought is too basic or dumb - I really need your help in getting a grasp on what people wonder about or don't understand.  Questions about how people contract HIV/AIDS, why the infection rate seems so high in some places, how families function with HIV positive family members, what the health care system is like, etc.   Ask your friends, family members, co-workers, anyone - just send in your questions/comments!

I can't promise I will be able to answer everything, but your questions and comments will be a huge help for me as I set out for Africa.  Thanks in advance!
Kristen

1 comment:

Chef Mayhem said...

I'd like to know how the health care issues affect the typical daily life pattern in rural Africa, in general terms. In other words, what does debilitating disease mean when it hits a family over there in terms of their ability to cope with it financially, emotionally, and socially. You hear a lot of that type of discussion here in America in terms of insurance (and being uninsured and all that entails), but I'm wondering what types of different ramifications catastrophic illness can cause over there. Does that make sense?